Purpose Statement

My holy ambition is to bring glory to God through the study of His Word. I am passionate about the observation, interpretation and application of God's Word in our lives.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Where Are You Going?

The other day I was in a parking lot when a mother and her two daughters exited the store.  One of the daughters walked past the car and her Mom yelled "Where are you going?" The daughter turned around and strode back to the car door.  I thought about the mother's question  in light of a Bible Study on Philippians I have been doing. Paul in Chapter 3 encourages the readers to "Go on and go on and go on". He encourages them to have a singular purpose. Paul knew what he was called to do and he set his aim on that goal. He was to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles.  Nothing dissuaded him.

What is your singular goal? What one thing is required? What one thing is necessary? We are so busy running around doing a lot of things. Even good things often weigh us down. We have more than one aim in our sight..  A good friend of mine encourages her children to "focus" when she teaches them in her home. I can her hear her say it in my head.  "Focus".  I think the Holy Spirit is often telling us the same thing. "Focus". There is only one thing that matters. Pursue Christ. Fight the good fight of faith. Hold fast and persevere. Live the Gospel. Let others see your testimony and realize there is a living God in heaven. What is your purpose? Where ARE you going?

No comments: